1) WHY should I care? (Without context no one cares about what you do!)
The 3 sub questions you need to answer to effectively for this are:
- What is our WHY? - our core values
- What is the future that we believe in? (What is the future I'm buying into when I interact with you?)
- Who is our people/ our tribe and why are we different? (This is different to your your Target Market - see previous post "Your Target market aren't your people" for more on this. This is about creating a sense of belonging which is where loyalty comes from!)
2) What do you do?
This is not your chance for you to show off how smart you or your systems are. It should be explained in max 2 sentences that should be understandable by a grade 3 kid.
The 3 subquestions you need to answer for this are:
- What conflict/problem is the world experiencing (that we decided to solve)?
- How are we solving it?
- How does that solution affect your life? (Whats the happy ending?)
See my post "The habit that's costing your tech startup a fortune" for more detail on this.
3) What is the benefits of what you do, to me?
4) Why are we different? What should I not just got to someone else?
If you'd like some feedback, drop a link to your website below and I'd be happy to give you some personalised feedback on where you can improve (worth $200 with my clients).
PS: I'm thinking about re-opening some limited spots up for my ROAR Transformation Program which helps you implement all these principles to create an emotional connection with your audience. If I did, who would be interested?
Alara is a WHY discovery coach, NLP practitioner, a Rite of Passage Facilitator and a Yoga/Meditation teacher. She specialises in helping business owners find and articulate their vision.